2020 #Morethanfootball Action Weeks Kick-off
Football has always been much more than just a game. Unfortunately, people rarely see the stories of the excellent daily work being done through football organisations’ community and social development initiatives.
We believe that all European clubs, leagues and FAs go above and beyond organising a game with 22 players on the pitch. Therefore, in order to showcase and further broaden the reach of Community and Social Responsibility in the European Football, the #Morethanfootball Action Weeks were established in 2017.
The #Morethanfootball Action Weeks (15.09. – 11.10.2020) are a global campaign for the European Football community to showcase the impact of their community and social responsibility activities. During the #Morethanfootball Action Weeks, the participating organisations celebrate the work they do on and off the pitch on local, national and international level.
Following the success of the campaign in the first three years, the 2020 #Morethanfootball campaign will bring together the biggest team of football clubs, players, leagues, FAs and fans. Join us!
No matter which club. No matter what colours. We are one team. We are #Morethanfootball.
How to participate
- Register your organisation
- Get your application for the More than Football Award powered by Musco Lighting
- Share your branded #Morethanfootball visuals
- Name your #Morethanfootball ambassadors
- Participate in the #WeareMorethanfootball challenge
- Promote your community initiatives online
- Organise events or social activities
- Get on the shortlist for the More than Football Award
- Create a video and/ or a photo collage including statements from persons answering the question: Why is your organisation #morethanfootball?
- Show staff, participants, players and coaches that are involved or support your social projects
- Challenge three other clubs, leagues, FAs or partner organisations to do the same
- Use #Morethanfootball campaign material if possible
- Use #Wearemorethanfootball #Morethanfootball for the posts
Post preferably on the 15th of September