Action Day – Environmental Sustainability
Sustainability is getting more and more important. Climate change and associated environmental crises present the single biggest threat to sustainable development. We are using the 4th of April to showcase how sport organisations take action and promote sustainability.
Climate change requires collective action from everyone, including the football world. On a day-to-day basis, the impacts of climate change play out through extreme and abnormal weather. Heatwaves and floods which used to be “once in a century” events are becoming more regular occurrences, as we saw with wildfires that last year devasted the Amazonian Forest, California and more recently Australia.
We have gathered some ideas on how your organisation can showcase its engagement for sustainability.
IDEAS FOR #MORETHANFOOTBALL ACTIVITIES:
- organise fundraising for a local wildlife fund
- plant trees in your local community
- present a sustainability initiative (of one of your partners)
- give discounts to fans that use public transportation to arrive at the stadium
- organise a park cleaning
- sell/give away merchandising made of recycled material
- show how your organisation is reducing its carbon footprint
- join “Sports for Climate Action” or a similar initaitive
- publish a sustainability report
- share tips how your beneficiaries and supporters can make more sustainable lifestyle choices
Please use #morethanfootball and feel free to tag our #Morethanfootball social media accounts so we can share your posts and activities.