Action Day – Health and Wellbeing
Since its establishment in 1950, the 7th of April is World Health Day. On this day, the WHO invites all nations and people to mark WHO’s founding and is seen as an opportunity to draw worldwide attention to a subject of major importance to global health each year.
As we well know, sport plays a fundamental role in promoting a healthy lifestyle and it is proven that adding some physical activity to the day-to-day routine has a major impact on one’s well being. Moreover, it has been shown that physical inactivity is the fourth leading risk factor for global mortality.
EFDN encourages its members and partners to take part in the World Health Day celebrations by promoting activities such as walking football, online training sessions, sport challenges, home workouts, mental health workshps or other creative initiative to promote an healthy lifestyle and demonstrate that football is #morethanfootball.
IDEAS FOR #MORETHANFOOTBALL ACTIVITIES:
- Highlight your (mental) health programmes or mental health support in your local community
- Livestream a workout
- Show your beneficiaries excersises to stay active
- Encourage people to talk about (mental) health through video messages from coaches and (former) players
- Raise money for (mental) health support
- Create a club specific playlist or workout videos to lift the mood or your fans and beneficiaries and get moving together
- Share resources that could be useful to alleviate your supporters’ emotional distress or to provide ideas for working out at home
- Promote activities such as walking football and fit for fans
- Share your creative programmes or initiatives that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Call your supporters to check-in on them and their (mental) health
Please use #morethanfootball and feel free to tag our #Morethanfootball social media accounts so we can share your posts and activities.