Solidarity & Diversity – Launch of #Morethanfootball human chain
Solidarity is identified as one of the fundamental values of international relations in the 21st century, wherein those, who either suffer or benefit least deserve help from those who benefit most. Consequently, in the context of the pandemic, globalisation and the challenge of growing inequality, strengthening of international solidarity is indispensable. Diversity is the degree of differences in identifying features among the members of a purposefully defined group, such as any group differences in racial or ethnic classifications, age, gender, religion, philosophy, physical abilities, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, intelligence, mental health, physicaal health, genetic attributes, personality, behavior or attractiveness.
Both concepts are fundamental to the mission and vision of EFDN and mirrored by the projects we and football organisations such as our members implement.
#Morethanfootball human chain
For the 5th anniversary of the #Morethanfootball Action Weeks, together with the participating clubs, leagues and FAs, we want to demonstrate our solidarity and share the spirit of #Morethanfootball online and make it possible for others to join. To make the chain, we ask you to take a picture of your players, staff, volunteers, participants, beneficiaries or others giving their hands to someone outside of the picture frame. Side by side, we are able to make the longest human solidarity chain in European football. Create additional videos to make your solidarity chains even more interactive and inspiritational.
Post from 24th of March onwards, please use #morethanfootball and tag our social media accounts so we can share your posts and activities. Send us the pictures and photos that we can create a human chain across borders online.
How to join
- Take photos of staff, players, coaches and beneficiaries pretending to hold hands
- Post on the 24th of March or later on during the campaign
- Use #morethanfootball in the caption
- Use square format (1:1) or landscape (16:9) for photos and videos
- Make sure that you do not have any background noises when filming
- Be creative for the videos!
- Motivate beneficiaries, partners and supporters to join
- Send us the photos and footage via email to firstname.lastname@example.org