#Morethanfootball Solidarity Chain – How to get involved
For the 5th anniversary of the #Morethanfootball Action Weeks (22.03. -18.04.2021), together with the participating clubs, leagues and FAs, we want to demonstrate our solidarity and share the spirit of #Morethanfootball online. Side by side, we will make the longest human solidarity chain in European football starting on 24 March. The aim is to show the diversity of people involved in the numerous football for development projects across Europe. Food distributions, phone calls and visits to socially isolated fans, online sport classes, fundraisers – football organisations have continued to demonstrate that they are #Morethanfootball throughout the last months. We are united in the goal to use the power of football and support our communities. Let’s demonstrate this online!
You and your organisation can join the #Morethanfootball human solidarity chain by following our step-by-step guide below.
Joining step by step
- Contact staff, beneficiaries, players, volunteers, coaches, representatives and volunteers to participate.
- Take photos of the people pretending to hold hands – the hands can be fully outside the shot or partly visible. The person should be in the center of the photo.
- Use square format (1:1) or landscape (16:9) for photos and videos.
- That way, the person in the shot is visible only from the waist up.
Here is an example of our motivated staff and interns showing you how it’s done:
- Be creative for additional videos! Staff, beneficiaries and players involved can, for example, hand club items like a football, a food package, clothing or facemask from one person to the other without touching each other. Make sure that you do not have any background noises when filming!
- Add a club logo or branding if you want.
- Create a caption stating why you are #morethanfootball.
- Post on your channels on the 24th of March or later on during the campaign.
- Use #morethanfootball in the caption and tag our Morethanfootball social media accounts so we can share your posts and activities.
- Motivate your beneficiaries, partners and supporters to join using #morethanfootball! Challenge them to join you in a fun way. You can for example ask them to explain why your club is #morethanfootball in their caption.
- Send us the photos and footage via email to email@example.com – that way, we can create a human chain across borders online.
Now it is your turn. We can’t wait to see your creations and stand by your side!
In case you have not registered for the 2021 #Morethanfootball Action Weeks yet, professional clubs, leagues and FA’s, can click here and join the team.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register for the Action Weeks
- Share your branded #Morethanfootball visuals
- Become part of the #Morethanfootball fundraiser
- Name your #Morethanfootball ambassadors
- Participate in Action Days and online challenges during the Action Weeks
- Promote your community initiatives online
- Organise smaller events or social activities
- Participate in the More than Football Award scheme
You can find an overview with some of the latest confirmed participants below. See the full list of participants here.