Bismarckstr. 122-124 51373
Do you want to
volunteer or donate?
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
WIR (04) HELFEN
Bayer 04 Fußball GmbH considers its local, regional and international commitment to social issues to be a matter of course. A subsidiary company, Sportförderung gGmbH, was founded to deal with these matters. “Young and disadvantaged people are very close to our hearts so we sought out specific projects where we could best provide support,” explained Bayer 04 director of fans and community affairs Meinolf Sprink.
During the Corona pandemic, Bayer 04 carried out many small social projects and fundraising activities. The following is a selection of Bayer 04‘s social commitment since the lockdown in March:
- Continuation of the blind report for the visually impaired at Bayer 04 ghost games.
- Distribution of 6,000 chocolate Easter bunnies to employees in social and public institutions in the city of Leverkusen in gratitude for their efforts during the pandemic.
- Raffle of original player clothing from the first team of Bayer 04 for various social purposes, for example in favour of the „Wildpark Reuschenberg“, „Leverkusener Tafel“, etc.
- Donation of the proceeds from the sale of Bayer 04 bathing ducks for the benefit of the „NaturGut Ophoven“ in Leverkusen.
- Donation of 500 Bayer 04 bathing ducks to swimming facilities in the city of Leverkusen.
- Donation of 20,000 Bayer 04 shirts from the „DFB-Pokal“ final to various locations.
- Surprise packages to schools and sports clubs whose visit to the BayArena has been cancelled due to the pandemic.
A passion that connects us all
The love for football made us into professional athletes. Without that passion none of us would be where we are now. We share this passion with millions of football players across the world. A passion that connects us all – on and off the football pitch. We are #Morethanfootball.
Lukas Hradecky, Bayer 04 Leverkusen Player
I'm learning new things every day – both on and off the pitch
For young athletes like me it’s important to think about the future alongside work on the pitch. Therefore I’m happy that I am able to continue my vocational training at Bayer 04. I’m learning new things every day – both on and off the pitch. We are #Morethanfootball.
Emrehan Gedikli, Bayer 04 Leverkusen Player
Football is more than just sport
Football is more than just a sport. It connects people worldwide including off the pitch. For many years, the club Bayer 04 have broadcast important messages on issues such as equality, diversity and sustainability. In the future that has to be carried forward and developed as social responsibility. We are #Morethanfootball.
Nina Brüggemann; Bayer 04 Leverkusen Player
I have been able to train as a young coach in disability football
I’ve been part of Bayer 04’s Simply Football team for many years. In that time, I’ve made lots of new friends, been able to train as a young coach in disability football and even do an internship at Bayer 04. So for me it’s clear: Bayer 04 is #morethanfootball.
Marvin Kruse, Bayer 04 Leverkusen Participant of “Simply Football”
Do you want to volunteer or donate?
Fill in our form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible!
Back to participants overview