Action Day – Employability
The COVID-19 pandemic has a severe effect on the labour market. Many businesses are struggling and young people face difficulties to find (student) jobs.
Football organisations have implemented a huge variety of projects that promote employability and connect (young) people with sponsors and partners in the past. In the last months, clubs, leagues and FAs have lanched online activities to prepare young people for the job market or help unemployed supporters to find new jobs or education programmes. Let’s show these initiatives and announce our continued support for the local community.
IDEAS FOR #MORETHANFOOTBALL ACTIVITIES:
- Celebrate employability organisations in your community
- Highlight projects that support employability in your community
- Highlight your own programmes, including apprenticeships, traineeships, vocational qualifications, one-to-one employment support, and more
- Online meeting with sponsors and people that are searching for jobs or education
- Hosting webinars/online meetings to share employability resources
- Wherever possible, create social media content (photos/videos) with beneficiaries of your employability programmes
Please use #morethanfootball and feel free to tag our #Morethanfootball social media accounts so we can share your posts and activities.