OM Foundation’s “Cahier des Olympiens” Project for MTF Action Day – Football & Education
Recently several students from Marseille had the privilege to participate in the third video conference of the season organized with the Olympique de Marseille goalkeeper, Pau Lopez. In accordance with the National Education programme, the manual serves as a tool for reviewing the fundamentals and is distinguished by the presence of many references related to Olympique de Marseille (illustrations, photos, exercises …) to strengthen its attractiveness and use.
In addition, the project involves the distribution of the Cahier des Olympiens at the beginning of the school year to all public and private schools in Marseille (more than 11,000 students and teachers), as well as the animation of this educational tool through meetings and constructive exchanges with professional players during the season.
The Cahier des Olympiens meets several objectives:
- To give access to quality education and unique support to all the pupils and teachers of CM1 of Marseille (9-10 years old)
- To contribute to the fight against dropping out of school thanks to the attractiveness and image of the club, its infrastructures and its players
- Develop a sense of belonging to a large community
- Create an appetite for sports in an innovative way
- To convey the values of sport and living together
- Promote gender diversity through the illustrations (girl and boy characters)